Sunday 18 September 2016

Introudcution

This blog will include my developments through art as well as keeping track of the artist and successful student i'm hoping to be. So ill start by introducing myself , hi there my name is Leah Bromley and i'm currently a level 3 art and design student in my second year of the course. I have a gcse in art and design as well as completing the first year of a level 3 art and design course in college.

I would say i'm a highly creative and imaginative person which truly shows in the art work I produce. I would say art has followed me for the majority of my life in so many ways. my creative gene began to flourish when i was about 3 years old; i would sing to people randomly in my town, which gave me a good deal of confidence. this confidence allowed me to gain courage to appear in community plays from primary school such as 'Alice In wonderland' and 'A Christmas Carol'. 


When i was around 13/14 years old i joined a wonderful local drama group  which i attended for 2 years; I made tones of friends and got to appear in amazing plays such as 'High School Musical 2', 'Beauty and the Beast', 'Summer Holiday' and lots more. I remember gaining a lead role in 'guys and dolls'. It felt amazing to sing and act solo as well in a group which will always stay with me forever. Although it shows that i enjoyed musical theater my passion is for art even though I wouldn't mind going back on the stage again. 

Outside of education and groups i did create a logo for a community that specialized in apps. I got given a colour scheme a and a sense of layout that they were looking for. I think overall I think I created a good logo for them and it was a sort of good experience of being asked to create something in a business setting.  
Art was influenced to me by my cousins Amy and Laura who are both exceeding in art ,they are twins and are both leading different  artistic lives. at a young age I would see them draw and be fascinated trying to be like them, draw the same as them and they even taught me a few things about art. They have given me good advice to take when i'm following my art path. Recently in the summer holidays I went to view a small exhibition containing their work called Tenderfoot; it was amazing to me seeing how from a few scribbles when they were young to patterned and detailed pieces for many people to see. I want that one day.I would also say my friends, family and teachers in primary and secondary school have made me feel proud of my work. They are also supportive of the directions i'm taking and in what I produce as art work.


I would say Banksy has inspired me in art to create pieces which mean a lot to me and are my main focus; as Banksy creates art in which reflect's political and statemented issues. My favourite theme in art is surreal I love when my work is out of the ordinary. Which I was why I also love the work of Salvador dali as his pieces may seem confusing to the eye but reflect a deep emotional truth. 







No comments:

Post a Comment