Thursday 24 November 2016

'Thinking of You' by Barbara Kruger

The first image that has inspired me is Barbara Krugers ' Thinking of You' piece. It was created in the year 1999/2000 and the pieces size is  312.7 by 255.7 cm. It was created using screenprint in vinyl; it uses the font style of Italic Futura Bold. She found the photograph of the index finger being poked at and attached the statement 'thinking of you', which I think expresses the idea of unknowing. Almost like a warning to be careful  wherever you are. She describes the piece to show self -awareness. This piece inspired me back in school to go off and create a piece like this for my own final piece for a project I had. It helped me genrate so many ideas such as making a stament and using bold italics to influence  my work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment